Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another year has flown by

... I am typing my mother in law's Christmas letter for her again.

This year it is making me very heavy hearted. There are many words missing. Over the last few years her writing also has gotten markedly smaller (you could fit two lines of her writing inside of one line of "school paper") but this year it is also wandering all over the page; lines are slanting way up, out of nowhere. I don't think she can see those blue lines on the paper, at all.

It's very hard to read, but please don't think that I am annoyed by this or feel like it is "inconvenient". I only feel sad.

The change is very apparent to me... and my job for today is apparently to cover over it, and put a smooth gloss on it all, for the sake of 3 "boys" who may no longer have their mother this time next year. And for her brave husband who still refers to her as "my girlfriend", when they have been married almost 50 years.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...