Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful to still have power & heat. I am watching my friend's two kid because they are BFF's with mine. So it's lilke I sprouted two pair of twins overnight.

I am thankful to have an intact roof. I slept well last night while some of my neighbors had a tree in their bedroom.

I am thankful to have food. I have enough od certain things to easily feed the kids. Like a big box of clementines I put in the cart for no particular reason the other day.

I am thankful that I went to the grocery store yesterday and got what I needed most (laundry detergent). I also got butter. The cases had no power all day but the butter was still really hard so now I can make cookies. I am thankful I got extra cash at the atm the other day.

My friend said 200 people were waiting in line at Lowe's for generators due at 8 pm last night. Some of them already had That Look in their eyes. We as a society are so dependant on power, it's scary. (My mother's neighbor has a fireplace but NO WOOD and their power is out. It's not lile we didn't know this storm was coming for days.

Peace out - I gotta make breakfast for the twins.


Carly(via Blackberry)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the church said ... AMEN.

But for the grace of God, it could be me.

I am thankful and pray for those power company workers working long hours repairing lines out in the cold and ice so thousands of people can have power restored.

Unknown said...

I took a sweater out tree shopping, but it didn't get below 70 so I was ok with long sleeves.

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Man, I do NOT miss ice storms and the power out for weeks or months and alla that mess. I can say that because you're in an ok situation. And I got hurricanes to deal with, but still. I might go take a stroll just to wallow,

Carly said...

you are soooo getting coal in your stockings.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...